Easy fish and black bean tacos recipe
Easy Fish and Black Bean TacosThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis easy fish and black bean tacos recipe is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be prepared in no time. The combination of tender fish and flavorful black beans creates a satisfying filling for the tacos. With just a handful of ingredients and simple steps, this recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a casual gathering with friends. The tacos are packed with protein, fiber, and essential nutrients, making them a healthy choice for any meal.
Keywords: fish tacos, black beans, easy recipe, quick dinner, healthy.
Easy fish and black bean tacos recipe details
A little messy, but a quick and tasty meal for two. Don’t be thrown off by all the ingredients, this isn’t too hard.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 lb. fish fillets (I used Dover sole, about three fillets)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or other pepper for heat)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 corn tortillas
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Open the cans of black beans, drain out the liquid and put them into a small pot. Add the chicken broth, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to low, so the mix simmers. Simmer for 30 minutes.
2. About 15 minutes before the beans will be done, beat the egg, milk, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Put the fish fillets in this egg wash and push them down so they are covered in it.
3. Put the flour on a plate, and another clean plate next to that one. Take a fish fillet and drag it through the flour until completely covered. Shake the excess flour from each fillet onto the flour plate and move to the clean plate. Repeat until you’ve done this to all the fillets.
4. Put the butter and olive oil in a frying pan and turn the heat to medium high. When the butter is melted and sizzling, place the fillets in the pan (don’t crowd them, if they won’t fit cook in shifts). Give the pan a little shake so the fillets don’t stick. Cook for a few minutes, then flip the fillets and cook for a few minutes more. (Sole takes about 3 minutes on each side — thicker fish will take longer). Take the cooked fish from the pan, put it on a plate, and cut it up into pieces.
5. Chop the lettuce into strips.
6. Your beans are hot and flavorful now, turn the heat off.
7. Warm the tortillas however you prefer (I put them in the microwave two at a time for about 20 seconds on high).
8. Dole out fish, beans, lettuce, and a spoonful of salsa on each warm tortilla.
9. Fold, lift to mouth, and eat!
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Easy fish and black bean tacos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 28 times, 1 visit(s) today