Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes recipe
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Start out your morning with whole grains (and don’t lose out on taste, thanks to the addition of creamy buttermilk.)
Ready in: 35 mins
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, resting
1. Combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg with egg whites, buttermilk, and vanilla.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir to incorporate. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Working in batches, cook the batter 1/4 cup per pancake on the hot griddle. Each batch will take 3 to 5 minutes, flipping midway through cooking time to brown both sides. Serve.
Tags: recipe, Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com