Vegetable and chicken curry recipe
Vegetable and Chicken Curry
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This vegetable and chicken curry is a spicy one, I recommend that if you don’t like high spice, cut the curry by half, and consider omitting the crushed Chilies. A person could easily convert it into a vegetarian dish by omitting the chicken and stock. Serving Suggestion: Serve on Thai Jasmine Rice
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 6 tbs Oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced peppers
- 1 cup brocoli florets
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 8 tbs curry powder
- 1 tbs crushed chillies
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs thyme
- 1 tbs rosemary
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs salt
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Start with the mise en place. prepare all ingredients so they are ready to use.
2. Add oil to a pot of appropriate size and heat on medium high.
3. Sweat off vegetables, starting with onion and garlic, adding carrots and celery, then peppers and broccoli.
4. Add chicken, and cook till lightly colored.
5. Add spices and allow to cook until aroma develops.
6. Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock and bring to a light boil.
7. Slowly add in the coconut milk while stirring and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes.
Reference: Vegetable and chicken curry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.