Tyler’s ultimate chili recipe
Tyler’s Ultimate ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introTyler's ultimate chili recipe is a mouthwatering dish that combines bold flavors and hearty ingredients. This recipe is perfect for those who love a little heat and a lot of flavor in their chili. With a perfect blend of spices, tender chunks of meat, and a rich tomato base, this chili is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you're hosting a game day party or simply craving a comforting bowl of chili, Tyler's ultimate chili recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
Keywords: chili, recipe, Tyler's ultimate, flavors, hearty.
Tyler's ultimate chili recipe details
Food Network host and star chef Tyler Florence recommends this chili for game day.
Ready in: 3 hours 15 mins
- 1 ancho chile, seeded and hand-torn into pieces
- 1 pound beef shoulder, cut into large cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 3/4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon grated unsweetened chocolate
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Preheat a grill to medium heat.
2. Toast the ancho chile pieces over low heat in a dry skillet until fragrant, shaking the pan, so they don’t scorch. Put the chiles in a mini food processor and pulse to a powder.
3. Season the beef with salt and pepper and place in a large soup pot. Add enough water to cover the beef by 1 inch, and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam that rises to the surface. Mix in the onion, garlic, chipotle and jalapeño. Stir in the chili powder, coriander, cumin, paprika, oregano, cinnamon, sugar, and powdered ancho chiles.
4. Pour the entire can of tomatoes with their liquid into a bowl and hand-crush until chunky; add it to the pot along with the tomato paste. Simmer until the meat is fork-tender and comes apart with no resistance, about 2 hours. As it cooks down, add more water, if necessary. When done, take a wooden spoon and beat the chili vigorously, so the meat comes apart in shreds.
5. Stir the beans and cornmeal into meat mixture. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cover the pot only partially, to allow the steam to escape. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the grated chocolate.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Tyler’s ultimate chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 113 times, 1 visit(s) today