Turkey and yam spicy tacos recipe
Turkey and Yam Spicy TacosThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the tantalizing Turkey and Yam Spicy Tacos recipe, a fusion of flavors that will surely excite your taste buds. This unique twist on traditional tacos combines succulent turkey with the natural sweetness of yams, creating a delightful balance of spicy and savory. With its vibrant colors and bold flavors, these tacos are not only delicious but also visually appealing. Whether you're looking for a new way to enjoy turkey or simply craving a satisfying meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
Keywords: turkey, yam, spicy, tacos, fusion.
Turkey and yam spicy tacos recipe details
Spicy tacos with low fat turkey that have sweet-hot flavor, using yams to give it a surprising twist. Garnish with sliced avocado and sour cream.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped with membrane removed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves, or to taste
- 1 yam, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup green tomatillo salsa
- Flour tortillas
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Brown turkey in 1/2 tbsp olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. In same pan saute onion, jalapenos, and garlic in remaining olive oil over medium heat until onions begin to caramelize.
3. Add chili powder, cumin, salt, Cajun spice, cilantro, cubed yam, and green salsa. Allow to heat through until extra liquid is evaporated.
4. Warm tortillas and fill with mixture and serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Turkey and yam spicy tacos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 39 times, 1 visit(s) today