Toffee nut rocha recipe
Toffee Nut Rocha recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-3/4 cups milk chocolate pieces (11.5-ounce package)
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped and toasted
1. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil, extending over edges.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium-high heat to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Avoid splashing onto sides of pan. Clip candy thermometer to pan. Be sure bulb is well-covered and not touching bottom of pan.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 290 degrees (soft crack stage), about 15 minutes. (It should boil at a moderate, steady rate over entire surface.) The mixture will turn golden brown.
4. Remove thermometer. Pour into prepared pan; spread evenly. Cool 5 minutes or until top is just set.
5. Sprinkle chocolate atop; let stand 2 minutes. Spread chocolate onto toffee. Top with nuts; press into chocolate. Cool several hours or until set. If necessary, place in refrigerator.
6. Holding foil, lift candy out of pan. Break into pieces. To store, layer candy in an airtight container between sheets of waxed paper.
Makes:about 2-1/2 pounds
Reference: Toffee nut rocha recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.