The omg skirt steak burger recipe
The OMG Skirt Steak Burger
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The OMG Burger gets its name from they way people respond after the first bite. A combination of fresh quality ingredients and grilling technique make these babies shine at any cook out.
Ready in: 35 mins
Makes: 4 Burgers
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 pounds skirt steak (not trimmed of fat), cubed
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo (minced)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 red pepper (roasted, stemmed and seeded)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 slices quality pepper Jack cheese
- 4 fresh baked quality buns
- 1 beefsteak tomato (sliced)
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 5 mins, resting
1. Prepare the seasoning mix by adding together the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place cubed steak in a food processor. Pulse 5 or 6 time or until the meat is chopped, but don’t overdo it.
3. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions and gently form the patties. Don’t overwork them, as the oils can be pressed out to leave you a dry burger. With your thumb, make a small impress about the size of a quarter on top of each patty. This will prevent them from plumping up in the center.
4. Sprinkle them with liberal amounts of the seasoning mix (you will have some of the seasoning mix leftover). Now let the patties rest for about 15 minutes so they get close to room temperature for more even cooking.
5. Meanwhile make your kicked up condiments. For chipotle mayo: mix the mayo, chipotle and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
6. For roasted red pepper ketchup: In a food processor, mix the red pepper and ketchup and puree until smooth.
7. Preheat grill to high heat.
8. Toss the patties onto the grill. Wait for them to begin sweating on top, when the edges are drawing up and they are not sticking to the grate. Flip and cook for another couple of minutes, then add the cheese.
9. Let the cheese melt (about 4 minutes) then remove. Allow the patties to rest for 5 minutes before building your burgers with lettuce and tomato on each.Tip
Caramelized onions on top really set this off.
Reference: The omg skirt steak burger recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.