Texas chili recipe
Texas ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A recipe handed down. This meaty no-bean chili is very simple to make, with plenty of spice. No-salt seasoning helps keep the sodium down.
Ready in: 3 hours 25 mins
- 3 pounds stew meat
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon no-salt seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans tomatoes crushed
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 14 ounce enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups water
Preparation methodPrep: 25 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Cut stew meat into small chunks.
2. Brown meat with onions and garlic in kettle or sauce pan.
3. Add all remaining ingredients, stir occasionally and simmer for 3 hours.
Reference: Texas chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)