Terry’s true texas turkey chili recipe
Terry’s True Texas Turkey Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A lighter version of a true Texas-style chili.
Ready in: 2 hours 35 mins
- 1 1/2 pound fresh plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 Anaheim chiles, chopped
- 4 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) beer
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 2 hours 20 mins
1. Preheat roven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place tomatoes in glass baking dish and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook onions and peppers in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
4. Drain extra liquid, add one more tablespoon of olive oil, and brown turkey and sausage in skillet until completely cooked, about 10 minutes.
5. Add all ingredients in large Dutch oven, including beer and spices, and simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
Tags: recipe, Terry’s true texas turkey chili recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Terry’s true texas turkey chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com