Tc’s greek salad recipe
TC’s Greek Salad
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
I’ve been playing with this for a few years and the recipe itself is so flexible it can be adapted to satisfy most any palate. It can be a main dish for two or side salad for several. Chilled, I think it pretty tasty for a summer’s eve.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1-1/2 tsp Greek Seasoning
- 4 – 6 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 lg hard-boiled Egg
- 1-1/2 C sliced Mushrooms
- 1 lb FRESH Spinach
- 1/2 C Feta, crumbled
- 1 med Red Onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 C halved Olives
- 1-1/2 T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 T Pine Nuts
- 2 T grated Parmesan
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stir in salt, seasoning and garlic, then gently sauté until the garlic has softened. Set aside to cool and allow flavors to season the oil.
2. To save energy, I put the egg in with the water when setting up to steam.
3. Place mushrooms in an adjustable steaming insert in a Dutch oven (or whatever works) over an inch or so of boiling water. Steam, covered, 2 minutes, toss slices, cover again and repeat until they are just soft, about 4 – 6 minutes. Transfer slices to a large bowl to cool and turn egg in water.
4. Rinse spinach, culling large stems, then place in steamer. Steam for a minute, covered, toss it, cover again and repeat until the spinach has just wilted, 2 – 3 minutes, then transfer to bowl with mushrooms.
5. Dump hot water and run cold over egg while proceeding.
6. Add Feta, onions and olives to bowl, then toss to mix. Combine vinegar, zest and lemon juice with cooled seasoned oil. Peel egg, separate yolk and white. Mash the yolk then blend into the dressing mix while mincing the white separately. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with minced egg white, nuts and Parmesan, then serve at ambient temperature or it may be chilled. A crisp white wine is a nice complement.
Tags: recipe, Tc’s greek salad recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Tc’s greek salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com