T bone steak with spicy coffee rub recipe
T-Bone Steak with Spicy Coffee Rub
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A simple rub with some great flavors. Get your steak on the grill fast.
Ready in: 15 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon finely ground, dark-roast coffee
- 1 T-bone steak (or more)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Combine steak seasoning, chili powder, and coffee in a small bowl. Season steak with mixture, 1 tsp per side.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1/4 cup spice rub, enough for 6 steaks.
Reference: T bone steak with spicy coffee rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.