Strawberry cheesecake french toast recipe
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast recipe
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese or cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk (for a special treat, 1 cup half & half)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups hulled, sliced strawberries (Other berries, such as boysenberry, are also good, chopped and sweetened. Or sometimes I use berry syrup.)
With mixer or blender, mix cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Cut bread into 8 slices, slicing 1/2 inch thick almost through and another cut 1/2 inch thick all the way through. This way you have a pocket to put your cheese mixture in. Spread cheese mixture in the pockets of the French bread. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk to blend.
Melt 1 Tablespoon of oil or margarine on grill. Dip cheese sandwiches in egg mixture; place slightly apart in pan. Cook, turning, until deep golden brown and firm to the touch, about 3 minutes per side. Keep warm in a low-temperature oven while the rest of the French toast is cooking. Hope you enjoy!
Serves: 4 (2 pieces each)
Tags: recipe, Strawberry cheesecake french toast recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Strawberry cheesecake french toast recipeRecipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com