Steve’s shrimp le jean recipe
Steve’s Shrimp Le’ JeanThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Shrimp stuffed with horseradish wrapped in bacon and grilled. Don’t be afraid of the horseradish it is not hot after cooked – don’t omit! Note: Make sure you like the people you serve these to, as they will never leave your side!
Ready in: 1 hour 8 mins
- For Dipping Sauce-
- 1 cup Hellmans or Homemade Mayo
- 2 – 3 Tbls Chili Sauce or Ketchup
- 2 Tbls Sweet Pickle Relish
- 2-3 Tbls finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 1Tbls finely chopped pimento or roasted red pepper
- 2 Chopped Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2 Tbls Dijon or Spicy Brown Mustard – eg..Grey Poupon either
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 tsp Capers – Optional
- For Shrimp-
- 2 lbs Jumbo Shrimp – 4-5/lb –nice 10-12/lb – ok
- 16 ozs hot Horseradish
- ½ lb EXTRA THIN SLICED – IMPORTANT – Well Smoked Bacon
Preparation methodPrep: 1 hour | Cook: 8 mins
1. Mix all Sauce Ingredients and cover. Refrigerate – in advance best – get cold!
2. Get Grill Hot – mesquite smoke good! Large square grill baskets are almost necessary! Works best!
3. Remove heads, shells, and vein from raw shrimp and butterfly
4. Lay one strip of thin bacon on clean work surface, stuff a shrimp with 1 tsp~ horseradish and lay half way across bacon, wrap bacon ends over and around shrimp and set on grilling basket.
5. The trick to this is the extra thin bacon -crisps fast without over cooking shrimp. So, don’t over wrap – use only enough bacon to cover shrimp with one layer.
6. Don’t crowd them on basket either – need flames to encompass while grilling to cook bacon evenly.
7. Now BE CAREFUL bacon fat on open grills is dangerous, use your mitts and place loaded baskets on grill – maybe one at a time – close lid and smoke 2-3 mins
8. Watch closely! Could flare up. If it does, simply lift lid slightly, grab basket and pull out.
9. Flames should subside quickly, flip over and repeat. Cook until shrimp is opaque and bacon crisp don’t over do as shrimp will get tough! Slightly tricky! May have to practice Test a few (o|o).
10. Serve HOT with cold dipping sauce- uuummm
Reference: Steve’s shrimp le jean recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)