Steamed fish in lat zi sauce
Recipe for steamed fish in lat zi sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
(A) Lat Zi Sauce:
100g garlic cloves
90g red chilies
4 stalks lemongrass
5-6 tbsp cooking oil
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
5 tbsp chili sauce
1½ tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 medium fish (I used siakap)
Salt for rubbing fish
1 stalk spring onion, diced
5-6 tbsp of Lat Zi Sauce (adjust amount according to the size of the fish)
To prepare Lat Zi Sauce:
- Blend shallots and garlic in a food processor. Set aside.
- Blend chilies and lemongrass in food processor. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté blended shallots and garlic until fragrant and turn bronwish. Add in lemongrass and chilies and blend well. Continue to fry.
- Add in remaining ingredients and continue to fry until oil forms a layer on top of the sauce. Dish up.
To prepare fish:
- Clean fish and rub a little salt on the body of fish. Drain off liquid, if any.
- Steam fish on rapid boiling water for 10 minutes or until cooked. DO NOT OVERCOOK fish.
- Top fish with Lat Zi sauce. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle diced spring onions on to fish. Serve hot.
- Oil in Lat Zi sauce can be reduced or increased according to individual preference.
- Suggestions of Lat Zi sauce dishes:
- For cooking squids, prawns, crabs and other seafood.
- Cooked with minced meat and used as topping for fried or steamed tofu.
- Topping for deep fried aubergines.
- As dipping sauce for fried chicken, fried fish fillets etc.
Reference: Steamed fish in lat zi sauce
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.