Spinach pesto sauce recipe
Spinach Pesto SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a simple recipe for Spinach Pesto Sauce. The same recipe can be followed for traditional basil pesto as well, just substitute the spinach for basil.
Ready in: 10 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 cup
- 3/4 cup shelled walnuts, or 1/2 cup of pine nuts
- 3/4 to 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Optional: several fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins
1. Place the walnuts into a blender, cover and pulse on low to grind them.
2. Add the olive oil and garlic cloves; continue blending.
3. Add in the spinach and fresh basil if you desire and blend. Start on a low speed. You may have to open and push the spinach down (using a spoon) to get it to fully blend. DO NOT PUSH THE SPINACH DOWN WHILE THE BLENDER IS ON.
4. Once it is all smooth, add in the lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and blend again until well mixed.
5. Add more salt and pepper to taste. If it is too thick for your taste, add more olive oil.
Reference: Spinach pesto sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)