Spinach and rigatoni salad recipe
Spinach and Rigatoni SaladThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for spinach and rigatoni salad is a delightful combination of fresh greens and hearty pasta. The vibrant green spinach leaves are tossed with al dente rigatoni pasta, creating a satisfying and nutritious base. Topped with a tangy vinaigrette dressing and garnished with crunchy pine nuts, this salad is a perfect balance of flavors and textures. It can be enjoyed as a light lunch or served as a side dish with grilled meats.
Keywords: spinach, rigatoni, salad, vinaigrette dressing, pine nuts.
spinach and rigatoni salad recipe details
A warm spinach and rigatoni salad that closely resembles a dish done by the Frankie, Johnny, and Luigi’s chain of restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area. It’s even better there, but this is darn close.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 12 ounce package rigatoni
- 12-14 ounce package spinach
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced, then halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 strips your favorite bacon
- Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil for drizzling
Preparation methodPrep: 40 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Boil rigatoni in large pot of boiling water until al dente. Place spinach in large bowl.
2. Cook bell pepper and onion in olive oil until fully cooked.
3. Cook bacon in pan. After fully cooked, drained, dried, and cooled, crumble into the salad. Place rigatoni in, place bell pepper and onion in (with olive oil if so desired). Add Gorgonzola cheese. Use 3/4 cup of olive oil to drizzle on the top, and then toss and serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Spinach and rigatoni salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.