Spicy hot mocha recipe
Spicy Hot MochaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introAre you a fan of the perfect blend of spicy and sweet? Look no further than this Spicy Hot Mocha recipe! This delightful drink combines the richness of a classic mocha with a kick of heat, making it a unique and invigorating treat. Whether you're craving a cozy beverage on a chilly day or a pick-me-up with a twist, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Get ready to indulge in the perfect balance of flavors with this Spicy Hot Mocha!
Keywords: Spicy, Hot, Mocha, Recipe, Unique
spicy hot mocha recipe details
Delicious and warming, this is sure to sooth the winter chills!
Ready in: 35 mins
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 small dried red chilies (such as chilies de arbol)
- 3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 3 cups espresso
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Combine the milk, chilies, and cinnamon sticks in a heavy large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Remove from the heat. Cover and steep for 15 minutes. Whisk in the espresso, sugar, and 1 cup of cocoa powder. Bring the hot chocolate to a simmer, whisking often. Discard the chilies and cinnamon sticks.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a large bowl to blend. Add the cream and whisk until the mixture is thick.
3. Ladle the hot chocolate into 8 mugs. Spoon the chocolate whipped cream atop and serve immediately.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Spicy hot mocha recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 25 times, 1 visit(s) today