Sopa de lima yucatan style tortilla soup recipe
Sopa de Lima (Yucatan Style Tortilla Soup)This article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe is for a traditional Yucatan-style tortilla soup called Sopa de Lima. Bursting with flavors of lime and spices, this soup is a delicious and comforting dish. It features tender chicken, crispy tortilla strips, and a savory broth that is both hearty and refreshing. Perfect for any time of the year, this recipe will transport you to the vibrant streets of Yucatan with its authentic flavors.
Keywords: Sopa de Lima, Yucatan-style, tortilla soup, lime, comfort food.
sopa de lima yucatan style tortilla soup recipe details
This is a simple and authentic recipe for Sopa de Lima. This soup is a staple in Yucatan cooking and the tastes are a diverse as the day is long. This is my favorite way to make it. It’s as spicy as is it hearty and you’ll feel better knowing it is loaded with Vitamin C from the Jalapeño and Lime Juice. Enjoy this piping hot with a cold margarita and tortilla chips and feel the warmth of the Caribbean breeze.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 2 tbsp Corn Oil
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, diced fine with seeds and veins removed
- 1 cup White Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, diced
- 14 ounce can Diced Roasted Tomatoes juice reserved
- 56 ounces Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup packed fresh Cilantro, coarsely diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Add Jalapeño Pepper and Onions and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add garlic add cook for about 2 more minutes, do not allow garlic to brown or it will turn bitter.
4. Add canned Tomatoes with reserved juice and Chicken broth and reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add shredded Chicken, Avocado, Lime juice, Cilantro and season with Salt and Pepper, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Sopa de lima yucatan style tortilla soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.