Sloppy joes done pizza style recipe
Sloppy Joes Done Pizza-StyleThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
It’s not just the pizza flavor–it’s a short trip under the broiler that makes these melty, easy sandwiches.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 3 ounces chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Combine ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper in a large skillet; set over medium heat and cook, breaking meat up into small pieces, until beef is thoroughly browned. Pour off any excess liquid.
2. Add pizza sauce, pepperoni, basil, and oregano to the skillet. Cook until the mixture comes to a boil, then turn heat down to low, put a lid on the skillet, and let the mixture cook at a simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.
3. Preheat broiler to High.
4. Place the bottom halves of the buns open-faced on a baking sheet. Top each half with 2/3 cup of the meat sauce and 1 tablespoon cheese.
5. Broil until cheese melts and starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Re-form the sandwiches with the top bun halves and serve.
Reference: Sloppy joes done pizza style recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)