Skyline chili clone recipe
Skyline Chili CloneThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a recipe that my buddy and I made in college… Basically, it is just a clone of Skyline(R) chili. We serve it over spaghetti with grated cheese, onions, and sometimes additional beans.
Ready in: 11 hours 40 mins
- 1 quart water
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 5 whole allspice pods or 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 3 hours 30 mins | Extra time: 8 hours, chilling
1. Add ground beef to water in 4 quart pot. Stir until beef separates to a fine texture. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients. Stir to blend, returning to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 3 hours. (Pot may be covered the last hour after desired consistency is reached.)
4. Chili should be refrigerated overnight, so that the fat can be lifted from top before reheating.
Reference: Skyline chili clone recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)