Skirt steak with spicy chipotle marinade recipe
Skirt Steak with Spicy Chipotle MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This inexpensive steak with Tex-Mex flavor is perfect for fajitas. Inspired by Austin Nielson’s “The Ultimate Chipotle Marinade for Steak, Chicken, or Pork”
Ready in: 4 hours 15 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, plus 2 tablespoons of can’s sauce
- 1 scallion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 skirt steak
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 4 hours, marinating
1. Pulse all ingredients except olive oil and steak in a food processor, then gradually pour in the olive oil to incorporate. Pour in large plastic resealable bag and add steak. Seal, turn to coat, and place in refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let it rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes just over a cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
Reference: Skirt steak with spicy chipotle marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.