Skillet flat iron steak with spicy coffee rub recipe
Skillet Flat Iron Steak with Spicy Coffee RubThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for Skillet Flat Iron Steak with Spicy Coffee Rub is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for steak lovers. The combination of a spicy coffee rub adds a unique twist to the traditional steak seasoning, giving it a bold and smoky flavor. Cooked in a skillet, the flat iron steak is seared to perfection, resulting in a juicy and tender meat. This recipe is quick and easy to make, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Keywords: skillet, flat iron steak, spicy coffee rub, flavorful, easy to make.
skillet flat iron steak with spicy coffee rub recipe details
Chili and coffee combine with your favorite steak seasoning to give incredible flavor to flat iron steak.
Ready in: 25 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground, dark-roast coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (1-1/4-inch thick) flat iron steak (or more), at room temperature
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 5 mins, resting
1. Set a cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, stir steak seasoning, chili powder, and coffee together. Rub the steak with oil, then with the spices.
3. Remove cast-iron skillet from oven and set over high heat on the stove. Lay the steak down in the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side to brown.
4. Place skillet with steak back into the oven. Bake for about 6 minutes, until steak reaches an internal temperature of 135 to 140 degrees F (for medium-rare).
5. Remove skillet from oven and transfer steak onto a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Skillet flat iron steak with spicy coffee rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 24 times, 1 visit(s) today