Shrimp creole recipe
Shrimp Creole recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 1/4 cup olive or salad oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips (more if desired, red is optional)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound canned tomatoes (diced or stewed are good)
- One 3-ounce can of tomato sauce (can be a bit more because it is hard to find a 3-ounce can)
- 1 pound shrimp (if using more shrimp, do not increase seasoning proportioning)
Heat oil in skillet. Add onions and green pepper and cook until tender. Blend in flour and seasonings. Add tomatoes. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes. (This can be made ahead of time). Cook shrimp in boiling water (salted) for 3 minutes. Drain and peel, then add to sauce. Serve over rice, toast triangles, or mixed vegetables (1/4-inch diced zucchini, squash, and carrots).
Reference: Shrimp creole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)