Seasoned turkey gravy recipe
Seasoned Turkey Gravy
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
What you do *after* roasting the turkey. The great thing about roast turkey is the requirement that you rest it for 20 minutes after cooking to let the juices settle. This gives you ample time to use the drippings to make amazing from-scratch gravy.
Ready in: 20 mins
Makes: 2 cups gravy
- Roasted turkey drippings
- Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Skim off any fat from the turkey drippings and place the fat in a saucepan. Pour drippings and browned bits from the roasting pan into a large glass measuring cup. Pour broth into the measuring cup until juices reach 2 cups in volume.
2. Set saucepan with turkey fat over medium heat. When fat melts, whisk in the flour, onion powder, sage, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Slowly stir the drippings and broth into the saucepan. When the mixture comes to a boil, cook for 2 more minutes to thicken. Serve.
Reference: Seasoned turkey gravy recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.