Sausage tortellini soup recipe
Sausage Tortellini SoupThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Chunks of delicious Italian sausage bring big flavor to this simple soup.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 3 Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Break up the sausage links into chunks and place in a Dutch oven. Add onion and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for about 8 minutes to brown thoroughly. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
2. Stir in broth, water, and tomatoes with juices. When the mixture comes to a boil, add pasta. Turn heat down to low and cook for about 8 minutes until pasta is al dente.
3. Season with spinach, basil, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for another 3 minutes (to wilt spinach), then serve.
Reference: Sausage tortellini soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)