Sandy’s crazyherbs omelet recipe
Sandy’s Crazy>Herbs Omelet recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- 3 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce (to which 1/3 cup cooked zucchini and 2 Tablespoons chopped, sauted onion has been added)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (approx. 3 sprigs)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (approx. 4 sprigs)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh opal basil, coarsely cut (approx. 6 leaves)
Heat cooking oil in stainless steel frying pan over low/medium heat. Pour in half the eggs and add cheese. Distribute tomato slices over cheese and sprinkle half of each of the three herbs. Gently pour remainder of the eggs and distribute by spoonfuls, the tomato sauce on top.
Sprinkle remainder of herbs on top. Watch pan constantly, shaking and lifting edges to let mixture run under edges until omelet is done. (It may be necessary to cut hole in center with fork to set.) Slide omelet onto heated plate and cut into wedges to serve. Garnish with lots of fresh basil leaves.
Reference: Sandy’s crazyherbs omelet recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)