Salmon chowder recipe
Salmon Chowder recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- Cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 regular can of salmon (red or pink) – do not drain
- 2 to 3 small potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Garlic, optional (If you are a garlic lover, it is great here.)
When the weather cools, this tasty chowder goes over great. It contains the “Holy Trinity” (onions, peppers and celery), ingredients that serve well in most soups, chowders, and stews.
Saute celery, onion, and pepper in oil until onion is transparent. Add to potatoes and 1 cup water and cook until potatoes are tender. Shred salmon with a fork as it is added to the pot along with milk and cream. Let simmer (do not boil) for 1 hour and add 2 Tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with paprika for added color.
Tags: recipe, Salmon chowder recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Salmon chowder recipeRecipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com