Rosemary buttermilk muffins
Rosemary Buttermilk Muffins recipe
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Position rack in center of the oven, preheat to 400 degrees and grease muffin pans. In a 2-1/2 quart mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and onion powder. Add crushed rosemary; stir to blend and make a well in the center. In a 1-1/2 quart bowl, whisk melted shortening with buttermilk; beat thoroughly. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until flour is moistened. Spoon into tins. Sprinkle tops with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly for 5 minutes in pan before turning onto wire rack. Serve warm.
Makes:about twelve 2-1/2 inch muffins.
Tags: recipe, Rosemary buttermilk muffins, cooking, diy