Rich shrimp chowder recipe
Rich Shrimp ChowderThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis rich shrimp chowder recipe is a comforting and flavorful dish that is perfect for chilly evenings. Packed with succulent shrimp, hearty vegetables, and a creamy broth, it is a satisfying meal on its own. The combination of fresh seafood and aromatic spices creates a delicious medley of flavors that will leave you craving for more. Whether you're hosting a dinner party or simply want to indulge in a cozy homemade meal, this shrimp chowder is sure to impress.
Keywords: shrimp chowder, rich, comforting, flavorful, creamy.
Rich shrimp chowder recipe details
A tasty, creamy shrimp chowder with potatoes, garlic and rosemary. I serve this with oyster crackers on a cold day.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 6 Russet potatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk, more if needed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 pounds cooked, deveined shrimp
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. In a saucepan, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, mushrooms, garlic, parsley, 1/4 cup butter, and milk. Bring to a boil on medium heat, then reduce to low and simmer until potatoes soften (add more milk if potatoes absorb all the liquid before they’ve softened or if milk doesn’t cover potatoes). This should take about 10 minutes.
2. In a large soup pot, stir together evaporated milk, half & half, 1/4 cup butter, rosemary, and sherry. Add the cooked potato mixture and bring everything to a boil on medium-low heat, about 5 minutes.
3. Gently add shrimp to the pot and simmer 5 more minutes.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Rich shrimp chowder recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 33 times, 1 visit(s) today