Rib eye steak with spicy coffee rub recipe
Rib Eye Steak with Spicy Coffee Rub⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Like Pierce, Allen and Garnett, a perfect threesome: Smoke from steak seasoning, heat from chili powder, and that indescribable but amazing coffee flavor.
Ready in: 15 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon finely ground, dark-roast coffee
- 1 rib eye steak (or more)
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Combine steak seasoning, chili powder, and coffee in a small bowl. Season steak with mixture, 1 teaspoon per side.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Place the steak on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2 inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1 inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let the meat rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes 1/4 cup spice rub, enough for 6 steaks.
Tags: recipe, Rib eye steak with spicy coffee rub recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Rib eye steak with spicy coffee rub recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com