Quinoa vegetable salad with feta recipe
Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Feta
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A hearty, high protein, vegetarian salad for fellas on a diet. Good flavor here from feta cheese and lemon juice.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 1 zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or basil
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss zucchini and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste, and place on a baking sheet.
2. Bake for about 30 minutes, until tender. When vegetables are roasted, chop coarsely.
3. Meanwhile: Rinse the quinoa in a wire mesh colander under running water for a few minutes. This removes the grain’s bitter coating.
4. Bring 2 cups water to boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add salt and quinoa. When water comes back to the boil, turn heat down to low and place a lid on the pan.
5. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the quinoa absorbs all or most of the water. Then turn off the heat.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add vegetables, quinoa, tomato, feta, and cilantro. Toss well to incorporate, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm or chilled.Note
This salad will taste even better the next day.
Reference: Quinoa vegetable salad with feta recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.