Quick shepherd’s pie mexi style recipe
Quick Shepherd’s Pie, Mexi-Style
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
It’s a transcontinental feast as Mexican flavors meet this English classic.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes, warmed
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Combine ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large cast-iron skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until beef is thoroughly browned.
2. Sprinkle with taco seasoning, then add water and stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add 1 cup cheese.
3. In a bowl, stir the remaining 1 cup cheese into the mashed potatoes. Preheat broiler.
4. Top the beef with the mashed potatoes. Place under the broiler, about 5 inches from the flame, and cook for about 6 minutes to brown. Serve.
Reference: Quick shepherd’s pie mexi style recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.