Quick cassoulet recipe
Quick CassouletThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the Quick Cassoulet Recipe, a delightful dish that brings the flavors of France to your table in no time. This recipe is perfect for those who crave the rich and hearty taste of traditional cassoulet but don't have hours to spare. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create a satisfying meal that will impress your family and friends. From tender beans to savory sausage, this quick version captures all the essence of the classic French dish in a fraction of the time.
Keywords: quick, cassoulet, recipe, France, hearty.
Quick cassoulet recipe details
Just a casserole, really, but of *course* the French have to call it something different. Still, it has bacon, so we forgive.
Ready in: 1 hour 55 mins
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Preparation methodPrep: 40 mins | Cook: 1 hour 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in hot oil and season with salt and pepper; cook for about 5 minutes, flipping a few times, to sear the outside of the chicken meat. Remove chicken from pan.
3. Add the rest of the oil to the skillet and heat over medium. When the oil is hot, add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes, then add 1 of the garlic cloves. Cook for another minute.
4. Pour in the wine and stir well. Then add tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, and the seared chicken thighs. Stir, cooking over medium heat until the tomato liquids come to a boil.
5. Cover the skillet and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in the beans and sausage, then cover and return to oven for 30 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Add the bacon and sprinkle the bread crumbs, parsley, and the last minced clove of garlic over the top of the casserole. Broil for about 3 minutes to crisp up the topping.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Quick cassoulet recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 27 times, 1 visit(s) today