Recipe for polo bunsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introPolo buns, also known as pineapple buns, are a popular sweet treat in Hong Kong cuisine. These soft and fluffy buns are topped with a crunchy, buttery crust that resembles the texture of a pineapple. The name "polo" is derived from the pattern created on the bun's surface. This recipe for polo buns yields a delightful combination of textures and flavors, making them a favorite among pastry lovers.
Keywords: Polo buns, pineapple buns, Hong Kong cuisine, sweet treat, crunchy crust.
Polo buns detailsINGREDIENTS:
350g High protein flour
2g instant yeast
(B) Main dough:
150g High protein flour
10g instant yeasts
100g castor sugar
8g bread improver
20g milk powder
1 small egg, light beaten
(C) Polo skin:
100g icing sugar
a pinch of salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
8g milk powder
200g all-purpose flour, sifted
To prepare sponge:
- Combine all ingredients in (A) in a mixing bowl and knead with a dough hook at low speed. Stop kneading when all ingredients are just combined to form a dough .
- In an oiled mixing bowl, prove dough for 4-5 hours until surface of sponge dough looks perforated and forms spider-web-like structure when pulled away from edge of mixing bowl.
To prepare Polo skin:
- Sift icing sugar and milk powder into a mixing bowl. Add butter, margarine and salt. Beat mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg gradually, a little at a time.
- Fold in sift flour until a smooth polo skin dough is obtained.
- Refrigerate skin dough in fridge if it is sticky and too soft to work with.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Polo buns
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.