Pesto pork chops fettuccine recipe
Pesto Pork Chops Fettuccine
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Life’s too short for flavorless bites of pasta. These pesto-covered pork chops, served over noodles, add big Italian flavor to a simple meal.
Ready in: 28 mins
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine noodles
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (1/2-inch thick, 4 ounce) pork loin chops
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 mins
1. Preheat broiler; coat a large ovenproof skillet and broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook until al dente, according to package instructions; drain.
3. Pulse basil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in a food processor until smooth. Add oil slowly while motor is running. (To avoid this step–and the need for these ingredients–buy pre-made pesto at the supermarket.)
4. Place skillet over high heat. Rub pork chops with remaining salt and pepper, then place in hot skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes, flipping midway through cooking time, until pork chops are browned.
5. Brush pork chops with pesto and place on broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from the flame for 4 to 6 minutes, flipping midway through cooking time, until chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes.
6. Top noodles with pesto-covered pork chops and serve.
Reference: Pesto pork chops fettuccine recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.