Paleo turkey cashew chili recipe
Paleo Turkey-Cashew Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Like beans in your chili but on the Paleo diet? Chopped cashew nuts simmered in a tasty ground turkey chili give a similar effect to chewy beans.
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic and onion until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until the turkey is crumbly and browned.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
Tags: recipe, Paleo turkey cashew chili recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Paleo turkey cashew chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com