Other Bed and Breakfast, Country
The secret to this dish is saffron; use it boldly.
- 1 portion of chicken per person
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 package ground saffron (to taste)
- 1-1/2 cup long grain rice (I prefer to use 1 large package yellow rice)
- 1 pound Polish sausage, cut into 2 to 2-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- One 14-ounce can chicken broth
- Two 7-ounce cans minced clams with liquid
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 sliced tomatoes
- 1 package green peas, frozen (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Minced pimento to garnish
In a large pan, brown chicken with garlic in oil. Remove chicken and set aside. Saute sausage, onion, and pepper in same pan for 7 to 10 minutes. Add rice, chicken broth, clams with liquid, salt, pepper and saffron. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Layer rice mixture, chicken, shrimp, tomatoes, peas, then pimentos in a baking dish. Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Serves: 8 to 10
Tags: recipe, Paella, cooking, diy