Mushroom business recipe
Mushroom Business recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced and sauted in butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bread, cut into sixths
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- One 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Butter a 2-quart casserole. Lay half the bread squares in the bottom, fitting closely. Brush with melted butter. Combine sauteed mushrooms with celery, onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. Spread over bread squares. Cover surface with another layer of bread squares, brush with butter. Combine milk and egg and pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. One hour before serving, spread soup over surface and sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour or until puffed and lightly brown.
Reference: Mushroom business recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.