Motown hummer recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
My brother introduced this cocktail to me some twenty years ago, and just like the vehicle it’s seemingly named after: if you don’t respect it, it can be deadly. It’s a dessert drink that’s refreshingly delicious, and so good it will have you humming; hence the name, “… Hummer”.
Ready in: 5 mins
- 4 scoops Real Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 4 shots Irish Cream Liqueur, preferably Bailey’s
- 2 shots Coffee Liqueur, such as Kahlua
- 2 shots Brandy
- 1 tsp Shaved chocolate
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 dollops whipped cream
Prep: 5 mins
1. Place the first four ingredients in a blender. Blend, on low, to a milkshake consistency. Pour into cocktail glasses. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and a dusting of nutmeg. Enjoy!Alternate method
In the many liqueur shops, in Germany, they have a thick, delicious, Milk Liqueur. If you can get a hold of some of this, do it, and add it to the Hummer. It will take it over the top!!!
This is for the Chocoholics out there. For a real treat, try this with chocolate ice cream instead, and add a shot of Hazelnut Liqueur, for good measure. Can you say TKO? LOL
Reference: Motown hummer recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.