Mother’s meatloaf recipe
Mother’s MeatloafThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the beloved "Mother's Meatloaf Recipe," a timeless classic that has been passed down through generations. This hearty and flavorful dish is a perfect blend of ground meat, aromatic herbs, and savory seasonings, creating a comforting meal that will bring back cherished memories. With its tender texture and mouthwatering taste, this meatloaf is sure to become a family favorite. Whether served with creamy mashed potatoes or nestled between slices of fresh bread, this recipe is guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
Keywords: meatloaf, classic, generations, flavorful, comforting
Mother's meatloaf recipe details
Here’s some good ol’ home cookin’! This is a meatloaf my mother makes. This your classic meatloaf made with two meats and flavored with sage, rosemary and parsley.
Ready in: 2 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 medium or large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup mustard
- several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, or as needed
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix everything, except orange juice, in a giant bowl. Form into 2 large loaves, or several small ones.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
4. In the last 10 minutes of baking time, sprinkle orange juice on top to brown the meatloaf.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Mother’s meatloaf recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 27 times, 1 visit(s) today