Mexican frittata recipe
Mexican Frittata recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- One 5-ounce can of Mexi-corn, drained
- Two 4-ounce cans of mild green chilies, drained
- 20 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Dash red pepper
- Sour cream with Parmesan cheese, gently warmed
- Mild salsa
Saute onion, corn and chilies in unsalted butter. Whisk eggs and 1 cup sour cream together, then add remaining ingredients (except garnishes) mixing well. Combine with corn and chili mixture. Pour into greased 10-inch glass pie plates.
To serve next day, bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes until blonde in color. Center may be runny. Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate. Next day, microwave pies for one minute, bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes until center is set and golden brown.
Slice each frittata into 8 wedges, garnish with salsa and sour cream and sprinkle with paprika for color.
Serves:16 as a meal, more if served as side dish or appetizer.
Reference: Mexican frittata recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.