Recipe for kuih dadarThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introKuih Dadar is a popular traditional Malaysian dessert that is loved for its delicate pandan-flavored crepes filled with sweet coconut filling. This delightful treat is often enjoyed during special occasions or as an afternoon snack. The crepes are made from a batter of rice flour, pandan juice, and coconut milk, giving them a vibrant green color and a fragrant aroma. The sweet coconut filling is made by combining grated coconut with palm sugar, creating a luscious and caramel-like taste.
Keywords: Malaysian dessert, pandan-flavored crepes, sweet coconut filling, traditional recipe, special occasions.
Kuih dadar detailsINGREDIENTS:
100g all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
100ml thick coconut milk
150ml pandan juice (blend 6 pandan leaves with 200ml water, strain)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp pandan paste (optional)
2 pandan leaves, formed into a brush (for brushing oil)
85g Gula Melaka
50ml thick coconut milk
50g desiccated coconut (or grated coconut, if available)
Coconut filling, batter and pandan leave brush.
- Sift flour and salt together. Add eggs, coconut milk, vegetable oil and pandan juice. Mix well to obtain a smooth batter. Stand the batter aside for 30 minutes.
- At the meantime, prepare coconut filling. Melt Gula Melaka with water at slow fire. When the syrup thickens, pour in coconut milk and desiccated coconut. Mix well to obtain a sticky coconut filling. Set aside to cool.
- Heat up a non-stick pan. Use the pandan leave brush prepared earlier to brush some oil on the pan.
- Spoon some batter on to the pan. Tilt the pan to form a thin pancake. Fry at slow fire until the pancake is lightly brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Repeat Step 3 & 4 until all batter is finished. If the batter thickens, add some water. Allow the pancake to cool before going to the next step.
- Put some filling on the a pancake (shown in picture). Wrap and roll like a spring roll to enclose the filling.
- Arrange on plate for serving.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Kuih dadar
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.