Jon’s cajun style beans recipe
Jon’s Cajun Style Beans
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This recipe is a great Valentine’s Day either side dish or meal and very easy to make, everyone loves it!
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
- 1/2 stick butter
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 5 links breakfast sausage (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 lbs smoked ring sausage (diced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1-1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbl vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups rice
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 53-oz can pork and beans
Prep: 45 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet melt butter and add bacon, both sausages, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and all the seasonings, saute for 1 minute. Combine all ingredients in a 4.8 QT. oven dish, mix well and cover, bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Reference: Jon’s cajun style beans recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)