Italiano meat pie recipe
Italiano Meat PieThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
My business partner’s son gave me this recipe. It’s hearty, easy to prepare, and reminiscent of pizza! I always make two of these because it goes so fast.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (26.5 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (9-inch) frozen pie shell
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef, bell pepper, and onion. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for ten minutes.
3. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese evenly over bottom of the pie shell. Spoon 1/2 of the sauce mixture over the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle one cup of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce mixture. Spoon the rest of the sauce mixture into the pie pan. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the sauce mixture. Bake on cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top of the pie. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts and turns golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Reference: Italiano meat pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)