Hot smoked fish recipe
Hot Smoked Fish RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. Ingredients
1. Firm white fish fillets (1lb or 450gms)
2. oil (for deep frying)
3. stock (1/2pint or 280ml)
For the marinade
1. dark soy sauce (2tbsp)
2. Chinese rice wine (3tbsp)
3. finely chopped fresh root ginger (1tbsp)
4. finely chopped spring onions (2)
5. five spice powder (2tsp)
6. soft brown sugar (2tbsp)
7. light soy sauce (1tbsp)
Method of preparation
1. Pat the fish dry with kitchen towel. Take a bowl, mix the marinate ingredients in it and then marinade the fish in it for at least 1 hour.
2. Keep the stock to boil, add the fish and keep it to simmer for 10 minutes. Now remove the fish and drain it. Reserve the sauce.
3. Deep fry the fish in very hot oil for about 2 to 3 minutes until get golden and crispy. Take out the fish from the oil and then place it in plate and cover it with few spoons of sauce. Serve it hot with lettuce.
Number of servings – 4
Reference: Hot smoked fish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.