Grilled sloppy joes ii recipe
Grilled Sloppy Joes II
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Take a break from grilled burgers and try these sloppy joes–with fresh peppers and onions–instead.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeed and cut lengthwise into strips 1/2 inch wide
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat grill to 400 degrees F, or High.
2. Crumble beef into a skillet and brown, stirring. This should take about 10 minutes. Add garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and sugar. Stir and cook for 30 more minutes.
3. While beef is simmering with the spices, coat onion and peppers with oil and wrap in foil. Grill for 20 minutes, flipping once.
4. Toast buns on the grill and build sandwiches with some of the beef mixture and some of the grilled vegetables on each toasted bun.
Use vegetarian crumbled meat alternatives if desired.
Reference: Grilled sloppy joes ii recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.