Grilled sirloin steak with jalapeno lime marinade recipe
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Jalapeno Lime MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis grilled sirloin steak with jalapeno lime marinade recipe is a perfect choice for meat lovers looking to add a burst of flavor to their meal. The tender and juicy sirloin steak is marinated in a zesty blend of jalapenos and tangy lime juice, resulting in a deliciously spicy and citrusy taste. Grilling the steak adds a smoky char that enhances the overall flavor profile. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or simply craving a hearty steak dinner, this recipe is sure to impress.
Keywords: grilled, sirloin steak, jalapeno, lime marinade, flavorful.
Grilled sirloin steak with jalapeno lime marinade recipe details
A jalapeno pepper meets a steak. The result is a great meal right off the grill. Inspired by Cameron Lanni’s “Easy Yet Complex Marinade”
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 sirloin steak (or more)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco(R) or Crystal(R))
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Slice jalapeno in half, seed it, then rub the steak on both sides with the cut pepper. Chop pepper finely.
2. Combine the chopped jalapeno and remaining ingredients in a large plastic resealable bag. Add the steak, seal the bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
3. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
4. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
5. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
6. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 1 3/4 cups of marinade, enough for 3 1/2 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled sirloin steak with jalapeno lime marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.