Grilled pork kebabs with sweet and spicy roasted bell pepper sauce recipe
Grilled Pork Kebabs With Sweet and Spicy Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Thick pork tenderloin skewers are glazed with a roasted vegetable sauce spiced with chili sauce and sweetened with molasses and brown sugar in this appetizer.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 2 (12 ounce) pork tenderloins, trimmed, butterflied, sliced into 4 strips
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Pierce and wind the pork strips with the skewers to create 4 ribbons of tenderloin. Place on plate, cover with plastic wrap, and reserve in refrigerator while you make the sauce.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Place onion, red pepper, and garlic on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Gently stir to coat, then bake for 15 minutes to roast. Onions should be browned.
4. Spoon the roasted vegetables into the bowl of a blender or food processor. Pulse. Pour in all remaining ingredients and pulse to combine, then place pureed vegetable mixture into a saucepan.
5. Cover saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes to reduce and heat. Keep 1 cup of this sauce aside, and let the rest of the sauce stay on the stove over very low heat.
6. Heat grill to Medium and lightly oil grate.
7. Use reserved sauce to coat the pork tenderloin kebabs, then place on grill. Grill about 15 minutes, until pork is white through and through. Every 4 or 5 minutes, turn the kebabs and add more of the basting sauce.
8. To serve, give each person a kebab and some of the sauce to apply as they wish.
Reference: Grilled pork kebabs with sweet and spicy roasted bell pepper sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.