Grilled new york strip steak with garlicky greek marinade recipe
Grilled New York Strip Steak with Garlicky Greek MarinadeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for Grilled New York Strip Steak with Garlicky Greek Marinade is a mouthwatering dish that combines the bold flavors of Greek cuisine with succulent steak. The marinade is made with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and a medley of Greek herbs and spices, infusing the meat with a deliciously tangy and aromatic taste. Grilling the steak to perfection creates a charred exterior while keeping the inside tender and juicy. Serve this flavorful dish alongside a Greek salad or roasted vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal.
Keywords: grilled, New York strip steak, garlicky Greek marinade, tangy, aromatic
Grilled new york strip steak with garlicky greek marinade recipe details
More garlic than necessary in this New York steak? Sure thing. That’s the way we like it. Inspired by Austin Nielson’s “Greek Marinated Grilled Rib-eyes with a Tangy Tomato, Onion, and Kalamata Olive Relish”
Ready in: 1 hour 35 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 New York strip steak (or more)
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Whisk together all ingredients except for steak in a mixing bowl. Pour into large plastic resealable bag, add steak, and seal the bag. Turn to coat, then refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Heat your gas or charcoal grill to high (Here’s how to tell if it’s high: Hold your hand about four inches above the cooking surface. After 2 to 3 seconds, the heat will force you to pull your hand away.)
3. Oil the grill grate, using an oiled rag.
4. Remove steak from marinade and place on the grill. Use these cooking times to cook your steak to medium: 2 to 3 minutes per side for a 1/2-inch thick steak, 4 to 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch thick steak, 6 to 9 minutes per side for a 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick steak.
5. Take the steak off the grill. Let rest 2 to 3 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of marinade, enough for 3 pounds of steak.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled new york strip steak with garlicky greek marinade recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.