Grilled greek style flatbread pizza recipe
Grilled Greek-Style Flatbread PizzaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis grilled Greek-style flatbread pizza recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy the flavors of Greece in a fun and unique way. The combination of crispy flatbread, tangy feta cheese, juicy tomatoes, and aromatic herbs creates a mouthwatering dish that will satisfy any pizza lover. Grilling the pizza adds a smoky flavor and a slightly charred crust, taking it to a whole new level. Whether you're hosting a summer barbecue or looking for a quick weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to impress.
Keywords: grilled, Greek-style, flatbread pizza, feta cheese, herbs.
Grilled greek style flatbread pizza recipe details
A delicious recipe for a tasty Greek-Style pizza using flank steak, caramelized onions, and roasted red bell peppers. This flatbread style pizza is cooked on a grill to create a wonderful crisp crust on the bottom with beautiful grill-marks. This recipe can take a little while to make but it is definitely worth the time.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 flank steak
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bottle Garlic Expressions(R) Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound feta cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 packages Pizza Crust Dough Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1 package hummus, Greek Style or Roasted Red Pepper flavored
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 package baby spinach, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preparation methodPrep: 45 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill flank steak to medium doneness. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes. Leave the grill turned on.
2. In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, and pepper. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and put the steak in the bowl with the lemon juice mixture and toss to combine. Set aside.
3. In a food processor combine the Garlic Expressions Dressing (or similar Garlic Vinaigrette) and the feta cheese. Pulse until smooth and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat and add the onion. Cook on low until soft and golden brown. Set aside.
5. Prepare the pizza dough separately according to the package directions. Roll the dough out to desired thickness and rub both sides with olive oil.
6. Carefully place the dough on the grill and grill on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes each or until lightly browned. Remove from the grill and turn the grill down to low.
7. Spread the hummus on the crusts, top with steak, onions, pepper strips, spinach, and cheese.
8. Carefully return the pizzas to the grill and cook until the cheese is just melted. Remove from the grill, drizzle with Garlic/Feta dressing mixture and serve immediately.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Grilled greek style flatbread pizza recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.